L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Review


Hey Everyone! Sorry I didn’t blog last week, I’ve been ill and feeling quite sorry for myself.


However, while I’ve been laid up ill indoors, it was a great excuse for me to try out the L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay products.  I’ve always struggled with dry ends, but have to be careful using too many moisture inducing products as I’m also very prone to greasy roots, as I’m a serial hair twiddler, so just had to give this a try when I saw it on sale in Boots.

In the set you get a shampoo, conditioner and the clay masque for your roots (this is the wonder product!).


I must admit that when I first opened the clay I thought there was no chance in me spreading a load of grey gloop all over my roots, but I'll try anything once and I'm so glad I did.  To apply the clay masque, you have to put it on to dry roots (I'd advise to do this with no-one around as you start to look every part the crazy cat lady!) and massage it into your roots to basically cover your scalp.  There's not a particular time frame as to how long this should be on for, but I just left it on whilst getting all my bits together for a shower. It does take a bit of work to rinse out as mine started to dry on my hair (maybe best to not leave it quite as long next time!).

I won't bore you with the details of washing and conditioning your hair as I'm pretty sure we all know how that works, however obviously if you would like a full blow by blow of my washing routine I'd be happy to send you the details for some light reading material :)

I noticed the difference as soon as I started blow drying it, I'm normally quite frizzy on the ends but this made it feel as though I'd had a full on conditioning treatment at a salon. It just left my hair feeling so silky and soft that I couldn't believe it was mine. I normally have to towel dry my hair, blow dry straight and then straighten, but this went perfect with just a blow dry. You know when you see those girls and just think Urgh! why can't my hair look like that ... that's what it does!

As I've said before, I'm by no means a professional but I would definitely recommend this as I think that if this can sort out my lion's mane I'd love to see what it can do to yours! 

Let me know if you've tried this and what you thought, or alternatively if there are any other products you think I should try.

Love Sara

1 comment

  1. I sadly don't get on with Elvive products :( my hair is just too thin and lifeless! I love to use Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Shampoo with the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask (if you haven't tried any of the BL range you must do, all their products are amazing and you can use them even if you haven't bleached your hair) xxx
    Katherine Rosie | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete